|Draycote Dash||24/25 Nov|
|Brass Monkey||27 Dec|
|Grafham Grand Prix||30 Dec|
|Bloody Mary||12 Jan|
|Steve Nicholson||23 Feb (re-scheduled)|
|Tiger Trophy||2/3 Feb|
We’ve got some great prizes for this year’s Series, thanks to some generous donations from our sponsors.
There is the possibility of more sponsors coming on board even at this late stage, but here is the provisional list of prizes and how they will be awarded:
• 1st place: £300 of sailing gear from Rooster Sailing *
• 2nd place: a £200 voucher towards a new sail from Hyde Sails *
• 3rd place: a £100 voucher towards equipment from Holt *
• £100 Holt vouchers will also go to:
‘Silver Fleet Winner’: Top-placed boat in the bottom 50% of the Series entry list. *
‘Last Boat Afloat’: Bottom-placed boat to have competed in at least three events. *
• Top-placed Laser (Standard/Radial/4.7) in series: brand new sail from Laser Performance *
• Lower-placed Laser (Standard/Radial/4.7) in bottom 50% of the Laser fleet: brand new sail from Laser Performance *
• Top-finishing RS dinghy: £100 voucher from RS Sailing *
• Lower-placed RS dinghy (completing at least three events) in bottom 50% of the RS fleet: £50 voucher from RS Sailing *
• There are also six e-subions from Yachts & Yachting and six subions to SailJuice.com up for grabs, with winners to be picked from a hat.
* Prize winners must attend the prizegiving at the Volvo RYA Dinghy Show on 5 March 2011 in order to receive their prizes. Prize winners who cannot attend in person may apply to send a representative in their place. No arrangement for receiving the prize may result in forfeit of the prize.
Competitors are only eligible for one prize. For example, if a Laser sailor wins the overall Series, he or she can choose either the Rooster gear or the Laser sail, but not both. The remaining prize will be re-allocated to another competitor.
Any disputes over the allocation of prizes will be determined by the Organising Authority, Queen Mary Sailing Club.
Article Author Andy Rice 31/12/2010 11:42